The technological apocalypse

13:16:00



shutterstock_45279286.jpg (500×334)



"The most important thing in all human relationships is conversation, but people don’t talk anymore, they don’t sit down to talk and listen. They go to the theater, the cinema, watch television, listen to the radio, read books, but they almost never talk. If we want to change the world, we have to go back to a time when warriors would gather around a fire and tell stories."  - Paulo Coelho



  I remember there was a time I had a life, I enjoyed the things around around me without having to think about the angle from which I have to capture a picture of every moment so it would look good on my Instagram feed. Are we losing ourselves and our identity in order to satisfy our craving for technology. And with me rambling about losing myself to technology on my blog, is much of an irony, isn't it?  

 I say that a Zombie apocalypse is happening for sure, for we are becoming technological zombies. We aren't under the spell of a dark lord or a voodoo sorcerer, we are all controlled by our smart phones. These are the times where we deceive ourselves into believing we are with the 'company' of our phones, the worse times are when we use our phones to avoid 'awkward conversations' with people.Zombies with phones everywhere, this is like the apocalypse isn't it?

 Plans are made with friends and conversations do not last as long as they used to, friends are together but still they're alone, in their own smartphone worlds. We have to check-in to let the world know we have a social life, we need to upload pictures and tweet about how memories are being made, while we forget to really enjoy what is happening around us.

 There was a power cut earlier today, so I walked out to the balcony to get some fresh air and only then I realized that I don't remember the last time I looked at the night sky the way I looked at it today, amazed. I didn't realize I was lost in my thoughts for hours, thinking about what I have become, a technological zombie. If we were so dedicated to many other things like our health, our families, friends, etc,. like we are dedicated to our phones we could avoid so much trouble and live a more healthier life after all.

  I couldn't agree more to the quote by Paulo Coelho, if I were given a chance to gather with people around a fire and listen to stories, I would be game,totally. How many of us get the chance to make conversations like normal people anymore? I feel that we need more development in human-human interaction than human-computer interaction, who knows that is what most of us might need in future, a Master's degree in Human-human Interaction. I can't laugh more at the ironies of my life, an aspiring Human-computer interaction designer, only by profession. 



You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. This was actually what I was looking for, and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Google+ Followers

Recent comments